The USDA/CNPP Nutrition Communicators Network ("Partnership") provides an opportunity for different communities and different organizations to join together in helping promote the Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Please refer to our 2013-2015 message calendar for messages and a schedule of timed rollouts. You can also see the MyPlate Strategic Partner Outreach Reports for details on recent partnership activities:
- "Make half your plate fruits and vegetables," May 2012
- "Enjoy your food, but eat less," January - April 2012
- "Drink water instead of sugary drinks," May - August 2012
- "Make at least half your grains whole grains," September - December 2012
Community Partners* will make up our primary partner category encompassing most members. Community Partners can commit to any level of involvement to promote the Dietary Guidelines – from developing an outreach program for their community to posting a link to ChooseMyPlate.gov to incorporating Federal nutrition content into a communication product.
* Community Partner examples include dietitians, educators, community programs, doctors, schools, and authors.
National Strategic Partners** will consist of companies/organizations that are national in scope and reach and also fulfill the following requirements:
- They must have a health mandate consistent with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and the mission of the USDA's Center for Nutrition Policy & Promotion (CNPP).
- They will promote nutrition content in the context of the entirety of the Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- They will specifically disseminate CNPP's Dietary Guidelines messages.
- They will participate in CNPP sessions to develop and execute a joint strategic nutrition promotion plan annually.
** National Strategic Partner examples include large, national organizations such as healthcare corporations, media outlets, grocery retailers, health professional associations, restaurant chains, and food manufacturers.
MyPlate On Campus Ambassadors belong to a unique partner category. MyPlate On Campus Ambassadors are college and university students and professional educators who actively promote USDA's MyPlate On Campus initiative at their schools.