Health and Nutrition Information for Preschoolers
Daily Food Plan for Preschoolers
Create a Daily Food Plan for your preschooler.
The Plan will show what and how much your child should eat to meet his or her needs. Use the Plan as a general guide to help you feed your preschool child.
- Put the Daily Food Plan into action with meal and snack ideas.
- Offer different foods from day to day. Encourage your child to choose from a variety of foods.
- Serve foods in small portions at scheduled meals and snacks.
- Choose healthy snacks for your preschooler.
- Beverages count too. Make smart beverage choices.
Do not be concerned if your preschooler does not eat the exact amounts suggested. Each child's needs may differ from the average, and appetites can vary from day to day. Try to balance the amounts over a few days or a week. A preschooler should not be urged to eat the exact amounts listed-their needs may differ from the average.
Learn more about the Food Groups:
Learn more about limiting:
Use the SuperTracker to find the amount of Sodium and Empty Calories in your meals.